Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current movies

Is it my imagination or have I just been out of the loop being a very busy single dad in recent years, but is our current crop of new release movies about the best we’ve seen in a long time? Just saw “Knives Out” and it was great and have a half dozen others on the hit list for the next few weeks.

It looks good. Even the stuff you may not be interested in may interest others because it's done well. Could be a big award season for ScarJo. This site is pretty good at current happenings:https://www.awardsdaily.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
      Is it my imagination or have I just been out of the loop being a very busy single dad in recent years, but is our current crop of new release movies about the best we’ve seen in a long time? Just saw “Knives Out” and it was great and have a half dozen others on the hit list for the next few weeks.
      In the last month we've seen (in order - with our collective rating)

Terminator: Dark Fate - B
      Midway - A-
      Charlie's Angels - B-
      Ford v Ferrari - A
      Knives Out - B
      21 Bridges - B-
      Last Christmas - C
      The Good Liar - B-

Star Wars
      in 3 weeks

Comment

I'm still recovering from Us (WOW), while waiting for the decidedly dark take on Fantasy Island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6O30nJ02PU
        There are no strings on me

Comment

IMDB gives The Irishman (limited theatrical release just for Oscar qualifying) an ultra-high 8.6 rating. Now available on Netflix: on my list for next as soon as I can find close to 4 hours to watch it.

Bookies apparently have it as the Oscar fave at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            IMDB gives The Irishman (limited theatrical release just for Oscar qualifying) an ultra-high 8.6 rating. Now available on Netflix: on my list for next as soon as I can find close to 4 hours to watch it.

My wife and I are going to see The Irishman later today. Its out on Hilton Head in a little indie theatre. We've also seen Midway and Ford v Ferrari recently - Midway was very good. i thought FvF was good, not great.

How about Motherless Brooklyn? Missed it when it was showing here but the coming attractions looked good.

Comment

Guess we will be watching The Irishman on Netflix. The closest theaters to Colorado that are showing it are:
              Sandy, Utah – 368.9 Miles
              Billings, Montana – 453.9 Miles
              Tulsa, Oklahoma – 550.4 Miles

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wha...-irishman/amp/
              Last edited by DrJay; 11-30-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                Guess we will be watching The Irishman on Netflix. The closest theaters to Colorado that are showing it are:
                Sandy, Utah – 368.9 Miles
                Billings, Montana – 453.9 Miles
                Tulsa, Oklahoma – 550.4 Miles

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wha...-irishman/amp/
                Can't believe that someplace in CSprings or Denver doesn't have it

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                  It's all cued up on my TV, but Scorcese's noir films seem to be too much heavy slogging for me, plus my wife won't watch, plus it's 3.5 hours long (!), so I need to get 'ready' to watch it.
                  Last edited by Atticus; 11-30-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

believe it: as I understand it, Netflix didn't want it in theaters at all, but to be Oscar-eligible it had to show, so they did the least amount of showings possible before pulling it from general circulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      It's all cued up on my TV, but Scorcese's noir films seem to be too much heavy slogging for me, plus my wife won't watch, plus it's 3.5 hours long (!), so I need to get 'ready' to watch it.
                      It was very good - for about 2 1/2 hours. Its too long at 3 1/2 hours and the last hour really dragged with very little going on.

Comment

It was very good - for about 2 1/2 hours. Its too long at 3 1/2 hours and the last hour really dragged with very little going on.
                        Um . . . I just uncued it . . .

Comment

Um . . . I just uncued it . . .
                          OK, my wife had read about how good it was supposed to be, so we actually watched the first half hour before we got bored and watched some very enjoyable Netflix Comedy Specials.

I suspect that says more about us than how good or bad the movie is.

Comment

OK, my wife had read about how good it was supposed to be, so we actually watched the first half hour before we got bored and watched some very enjoyable Netflix Comedy Specials.

I suspect that says more about us than how good or bad the movie is.
                            First half hour is better than the last half hour

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

I lasted 1 and a half hours. Old men behaving badly. I'll take Coppola's view of gangsters any day. Nothing new from DeNiro and Pacino, and Pesci tones it down. Basically it was a slow drag.

Comment

Working...
                              X