Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronaldo's Goal and Other Great Athletic Feats

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ronaldo's Goal and Other Great Athletic Feats

    I'm not really a soccer fan but a few days ago I saw Cristiano Ronaldo score a goal that amazed me with its athleticism and skill level. It's common to see athletes wow with their athleticism in a sports highlight show, especially in basketball, and many mesmerize with their skill level, but Ronaldo's play required and abundance of both, jumping ability and body and eye coordination. What are some other memorable spots plays that compare to this one in both athleticism and skill level?
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 12-21-2019, 05:14 PM.

  • #2
    Bobby Orr's flying goal comes to mind

    Comment


    • #3
      Grant Hill's dunk against UNLV back in 1991 NCAA semi-finals

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow...I've seen lots of great goals...but a header like that is something....reminds me of Jordan when he could almost float...

        Ronaldo is a joy to watch...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JayIsMe View Post
          Bobby Orr's flying goal comes to mind
          Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
          Grant Hill's dunk against UNLV back in 1991 NCAA semi-finals
          Links please?

          Comment


          • #6
            CR's elevation is enormous, not unlike Jordan's 'foul-line dunk' at the 0:57 mark here.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=038j-yrL0J4

            Comment


            • #7
              I remember that by Jordan ....phenomenal to watch....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                CR's elevation is enormous, not unlike Jordan's 'foul-line dunk' at the 0:57 mark here.

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=038j-yrL0J4
                I remember that dunk as well as many others by the likes of Jordan, Dr. J, David Thompson, and others, but there's no comparison to Ronaldo's skill level.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                  I remember that dunk as well as many others by the likes of Jordan, Dr. J, David Thompson, and others, but there's no comparison to Ronaldo's skill level.
                  I agree...one thing to dunk...but to head a goal from that heighth is amazing...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                    Links please?
                    Sorry - also it was in the final against Kansas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paRAMM3rZw8

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      I remember that dunk as well as many others by the likes of Jordan, Dr. J, David Thompson, and others, but there's no comparison to Ronaldo's skill level.
                      I doubt there are youtube videos because of the era, and he couldn't dunk in college because of the rules, but David Thompson's athleticism was other-worldly

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Grainy but here's Orr's goal.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNWHgpcd78

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          David Thompson

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6OsKy1c5A0

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                            Grainy but here's Orr's goal.

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNWHgpcd78

                            He shot the goal then jumped in the air ..hardly the same as CR. .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                              He shot the goal then jumped in the air ..hardly the same as CR. .
                              I don't disagree. I just posted the video which was requested.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X