Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on my stationary bike 3 or 4 nights a week, pedaling at 23 to 28 miles an hour (for anywhere from 20 minutes to just over an hour) depending on the resistance I apply to it. A minute after I stop, my heart rate is usually anywhere between 118 and 142bpm depending on how fast I finish and the resistance setting.

Comment

I have had Multiple Myeloma for almost seven years. Exercise is a key part of treating it. I cannot exercise anywhere near what I did in my hay day but I do what I can.

My first choice is to walk 30 to 40 minutes outside at least five times weekly. But because I have neuropathy in my feet from cancer drugs, my pace is slower than the old days.

When the weather is bad, I do the bicycle and/or treadmill inside. When we got the stationary bicycle some years ago, it was after the Lance Armstrong scandal, and a major retailer offered me 50% off to get rid of a Livestrong bicycle (his brand). I figured why not?

It is a good bicycle. I guess I could tape over the brand name but have never gotten around to it.

Comment

Working...
      X