Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    That may be...but to say Salazar was a soft target is stretching things...
    Salazar was a soft target for SafeSport because USADA had already moved on him. I dont believe for a second SafeSport would have issued it's suspension if USADA hadnt already done the heavy lifting.
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by El Toro View Post
      On the overly broad side is the policy that "any criminal charge or disposition is relevant". Really?

They also go as far as to say that this includes "Juvenile delinquency adjudication". I believe many jurisdictions in the USA allow juvenile records to be sealed but I'm not sure if it's an offence to bypass sealing. Plenty of scope here for overrepresentation of minorities.
      Based on the criminal cases that have shown up on our list, they are primarily concerned with criminal charges of a sexual nature, though we do have a few people banned for murder.

I saw one person show up on the list, a google search showed they had recently been busted for soliciting an adult prostitute. They quickly fell off the list, which is fine by me, I don't think that, by itself, makes someone a danger to athletes.

Comment

USA Gymnastics temporarily suspended elite coach Maggie Haney today. Her case and Salazar's case have some similarities (elite coach, primarily verbal/emotional abuse).

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/02/0...sa-gymnastics/

I actually wonder if the Center's decision to temporarily suspend Salazar made USAG feel more empowered to suspend Maggie. The first complaints about her were made years ago.

Comment

Got an email this morning that former LSU coach Loren Seagrave has been suspended by SafeSport
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
            Got an email this morning that former LSU coach Loren Seagrave has been suspended by SafeSport
            Strange. He is on the list as an interim suspension as of 2/27/2020. Wasn't he already under interim suspension from June 2018?
            Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
              I'm not surprised...Salazar is a Shakespearean Tragedy....
              Hate to disagree with you. For Shakespearean Tragedy, the main character has to have character and (some) personal honor.

Comment

Originally posted by catson52 View Post

Hate to disagree with you. For Shakespearean Tragedy, the main character has to have character and (some) personal honor.
                You have a point there that is hard to argue with.

Comment

press release from the NYRR:

<<New York, July 1, 2021 -As part of an internal review of the NYRR Hall of Fame selection process, it has been determined that Alberto Salazar will be removed. In examining members of the NYRR Hall of Fame, the organization takes into consideration inductees’ contributions, conduct and influence on the sport, as well as their ties to the organization’s mission and values. As part of this process, it has been decided that Salazar does not meet the organization’s ethical standards. The serious, credible statements of Salazar’s conduct of abuse and harassment of athletes as well as the investigation and ban for doping violations, necessitated a removal.>>

Comment

Meanwhile at Hayward Field... https://twitter.com/polevaultpower/s...601575939?s=20

Comment

And your photo on the exterior and interior....

Comment

Today SafeSport made Salazar's suspension "permanent." He has 10 days to request arbitration to appeal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/26/s...neligible.html

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
                          Today SafeSport made Salazar's suspension "permanent." He has 10 days to request arbitration to appeal.

They should do the same for the fencer

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

Quite the fall from grace....

Conor Dary
                            Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-27-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X