X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter post by James:

https://twitter.com/James_Holzhauer/...37430696640512

Comment

• All the episodes I was in are now available on TVP VOD.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• The final clue on the Polish edition 2 days ago was "She was the first woman in history to register for and finish a marathon race". The problem is I don't believe this question even has a generally accepted answer. Looking at the world best progression in the IAAF book, there were various early marks achieved in races with various degrees of official status. The expected answer (which nobody got) was Kathrine Switzer, who was the first female entrant in Boston, but I'm pretty sure wasn't the first overall.

Comment

• There was an 'Anita W┼éodarczyk" category on Polish Jeopardy a couple of days ago, but not a single clue of it was revealed :-/

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
            The final clue on the Polish edition 2 days ago was "She was the first woman in history to register for and finish a marathon race". The problem is I don't believe this question even has a generally accepted answer. Looking at the world best progression in the IAAF book, there were various early marks achieved in races with various degrees of official status. The expected answer (which nobody got) was Kathrine Switzer, who was the first female entrant in Boston, but I'm pretty sure wasn't the first overall.
            Switzer ran in 1967, Roberta "Bobbi" Gibb ran in 1966 and 1967 and finished each year (as did Switzer in 67), and was reportedly the first but she did not officially enter.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Switzer ran in 1967, Roberta "Bobbi" Gibb ran in 1966 and 1967 and finished each year (as did Switzer in 67), and was reportedly the first but she did not officially enter.
              Even in 1971 women couldn't enter Boston. I think Switzer entered as K. Switzer in 1967. If Jock Semple had left well enough alone during the race I doubt anyone outside of Long Distance Log would have noticed.

Comment

• Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-15-2020, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• If she had been officially entered or at least a time she wouldn't have been far off the world record in 1966. Though few would have noticed in 1966.

Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-16-2020, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• So did Mary Lepper not officially enter the race (even if the course wasn't certified)? What about Mildred Sampson?

Comment

• Meanwhile...May 1967 Long Distance Log...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-16-2020, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Continued...

Comment

• such wholesale reproduction of other people's material is totally unacceptable and you should know better. STOP!

Comment

• This is totally non-T&F, but they had this category on Polish Jeopardy the other day where you were supposed to say which one of the set of cities is the odd one out. How would you answer if the set was: Dublin, Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh?

Comment

• I'd say Manchester (only one of the four in England)

Comment

Working...
                                X