Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken Again (US/Non-Track)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

    Depends on the incentive.

    I'm less of a fan of the super champion than others seem to be. While going back to the old 5 wins and your done rule may be too strong, consistent beat downs lasting for more than a month makes for a bit of dullsville and also I think is unfair to those competing who are not essentially robots.

    The show itself I'm going to guess also realizes that at some point needs to move on and the show shown last night appears to be affirming that. It wasn't as if he happened to miss on a question or two. It was like a completely different person.
    Yes...I stopped watching when Jennings went on and on and I never went back. I liked the 5.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

      Yes...I stopped watching when Jennings went on and on and I never went back. I liked the 5.
      I think the ratings during the streaks reinforced the decision. The number of people who became interested in Jeopardy! again after years of not watching is probably way more than those like you who dropped it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

        I think the ratings during the streaks reinforced the decision. The number of people who became interested in Jeopardy! again after years of not watching is probably way more than those like you who dropped it.
        For Jennings and Holzhauer, ratings were up fairly substantially. Amodio had other issues (revolving hosts) but were up from where they were in the spring which was substantially down.

        Comment


        • Headline - Mayim Bialik Wants the ‘Jeopardy!’ Job. Is She ‘Neutral’ Enough?

          https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ma...?ocid=msedgntp

          Comment


          • I HAD to watch it again . . . I am now convinced that he threw it on purpose or . . . he just didn't try (subtle difference).
            He wanted to get back to his life; he was rich; he didn't like that people recognized him on the street.
            His buzzer was way off and he missed Qs that were dead-center in his wheel-house (history and geography), esp. Final Jeopardy!, which was both - he DID know that answer, but couldn't afford to get it right, even though he was down $4,000 to both of them, in the off-chance they both bet it all (they did) and got it wrong.

            I don't blame him one whit, iota, jot or tittle !!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tandfman View Post
              Headline - Mayim Bialik Wants the ‘Jeopardy!’ Job. Is She ‘Neutral’ Enough?

              https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ma...?ocid=msedgntp
              I posted that already today.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                He took a dive, no doubt about it !
                Headline - Jeopardy! Champion Jonathan Fisher: There's No Way Matt Amodio Threw His Final Game

                https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...?ocid=msedgntp


                Comment


                • Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                  Headline - Jeopardy! Champion Jonathan Fisher: There's No Way Matt Amodio Threw His Final Game
                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...?ocid=msedgntp
                  OF COURSE he guy who beat Matt thinks he won even-up!

                  As I noted above, I watched the show again, and you can tell from the get-go that Matt was not as invested as usual. He was going through the motions. His response in Final J! was obvious (to me) that he wanted his life back.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    OF COURSE he guy who beat Matt thinks he won even-up!

                    As I noted above, I watched the show again, and you can tell from the get-go that Matt was not as invested as usual. He was going through the motions. His response in Final J! was obvious (to me) that he wanted his life back.
                    Yeah, he was kinda lackluster..he even crossed out Austria for Poland. I guess it got tiresome winning 30 to 70 K every day.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                      I guess it got tiresome winning 30 to 70 K every day.
                      He already had $1.5 MILLION. At some point just getting back to one's life outweighs the financial gains (unless you are obsessed, like many super-ambitious workaholics).
                      I'm as greedy as the next guy, but I REALLY like my quiet unremarkable life. Family has been everything.

                      Comment


                      • Headline - Matt Amodio Speaks Out About Claims He Lost 'Jeopardy!' on Purpose

                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ma...?ocid=msedgntp

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                          Headline - Matt Amodio Speaks Out About Claims He Lost 'Jeopardy!' on Purpose
                          I see nothing in that article to dissuade me.

                          "Everybody's so smart and so competent that this could happen any game. And this time it did. I always wanted to be a Jeopardy! champion, and I accomplished that," he continued.
                          There is certainly no direct denial of 'conceding' the match.

                          It IS possible that he was not consciously TRYING to lose, but he certainly was not all that interested in winning, despite his weak demurral.

                          He reminded me of a tennis player who's not really into the match. The strokes are there, but they're not winners.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X