Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy for me to second guess but even with no specific knowledge guessing Oregon and Wyoming seems pretty weak. Tough to rationalize 60,000 WWll vets buried in one site in either of those two states... And I am still surprised that Amy, a Californian genius, didn't know Hawaii.
    ​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
      yep
      Add me to the yeps who didn't get this one right. Mrs. tandfman got it, but I was somewhere in the Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• For me, standing in the Punchbowl had as chilling effect as standing above the USS Arizona.

Comment

• Folks know different things. Took me a while to figure out that this Djokovic fellow was a famous tennis player.

Comment

• If not Arlington Cemetery, I was guessing Hawaii. Not only because of the volcano reference but also so much war dead in WWII.

Comment

• TOTAL TANK JOB ON 1/26 ! SHE WANTED OUT AND TOOK THE OPPORTUNITY. EVEN DUMMY ME KNEW THE FINAL JEOPARDY QUESTION.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                TOTAL TANK JOB ON 1/26 ! SHE WANTED OUT AND TOOK THE OPPORTUNITY. EVEN DUMMY ME KNEW THE FINAL JEOPARDY QUESTION.
                I don't think so. We all have our blank spots. She still seemed very happy to be there.
                But . . . you may be right, it was easy enough. You just had to know how populous that country is.
                Just read this was taped in November, so everyone in her life knew she was done.

Comment

• I don't know if Amy tanked but Bangladesh was as easy/obvious as the Punchbowl, with or without the population hint.

Comment

• Amy chats with the local rag post-loss: https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/mov...nd-at-40-games

Comment

• Another flabbergasting Final Jeopardy. None of the contestants knew the answer.
                      I don't remember the exact wording. I paraphrase:
                      "What famous WWII-era person who died in 1969 was buried in a jacket named for him?"
                      Two of them guessed "flak"!!!!!! Hell, I don't have occasion to wear them much these days but I have two of those jackets in my closet.
                      Last edited by lonewolf; 02-03-2022, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                        Amy chats with the local rag post-loss: https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/mov...nd-at-40-games
                        Excerpt, apropos to other ongoing discussions. She is a she in this case, and it was her she-ness that helped her he-ness do so well (IMO).

She’s the most successful woman to have competed on the show in its nearly four-decade history

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                          Another flabbergasting Final Jeopardy. None of the contestants knew the answer.
                          I don't remember the exact wording. I paraphrase:
                          "What famous WWII-era person who died in 1969 was buried in a jacket named for him?"
                          Two of them guessed "flak"!!!!!! Hell, I don't have occasion to wear them much these days but I have two of those jackets in my closet.
                          the first 3 word-association hits I get when I hear "jacket" are flak, Nehru & Beatle (in that order)

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                            the first 3 word-association hits I get when I hear "jacket" are flak, Nehru & Beatle (in that order)
                            "famous WWII-era person" is the dead give-away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

"famous WWII-era person" is the dead give-away.
                              oh, then it's obviously "full metal"

Comment

• That was a much easier question than the cemetery-in-volcano one. I was just eleven when he died and never owned his jacket, but I did have a Nehru one at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X