Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken Again (US/Non-Track)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Zounds!!! Local show pre-empted d by storm/hail warnings..wha happened today?

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      Zounds!!! Local show pre-empted d by storm/hail warnings..wha happened today?
      Sacrilege!
      JH won easily at **yawn** $101,682 (20-day total: $1,528,012).

      Comment


      • #78
        Mr. Roboto.

        Snoozefest

        Comment


        • #79
          I would have replied earlier, but I think it would be best if nobody posted the day's result until 11pm Eastern time, to assure that those on the left coast can see it live without knowing what happened.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
            Mr. Roboto.

            Snoozefest
            Yup. Like watching Kipchoge -- what's the point?

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Master Po View Post
              Yup. Like watching Kipchoge -- what's the point?
              I didn't get that comp the first time and don't get the attempt to comp this time.

              Plus Eliud has a personality.

              Comment


              • #82
                In the past few days, I think James has shown more personality. Perhaps the producers were asking him to loosen up a bit, in response to comments like some of those here.

                In any event, we've got a two-week break coming up now before his next appearance, and by then I expect this thread will be buried on the second page of this Board (or maybe lower).

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                  by then I expect this thread will be buried on the second page of this Board (or maybe lower).
                  Remember the James!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                    In the past few days, I think James has shown more personality. Perhaps the producers were asking him to loosen up a bit, in response to comments like some of those here.
                    I'd agree with that. He still doesn't appear as if he'd make a great late night talk show guest but he's been a little more interactive with those in attendance.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Former Jeopardy champ weighs in....

                      Is Jeopardy's new champ ruining the show?

                      Former champ Tom Nichols says watching Jeopardy! during Holzhauer's winning streak 'is as exciting as putting a camera on the sports book room in Caesar's Palace.'

                      https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2019/0...the-system.cnn
                      Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-04-2019, 07:28 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        One of the contestants in Holzhauer's 4th game wrote about the experience. Her story appears in the print edition of today's NY Times.

                        https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/04/a...nie-stein.html

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          As Tom Nichols wrote....the buzzer is the key thing....and only looking at the light...

                          "I had thought that mastering the buzzer would be the easy part. I’m a millennial! I grew up playing video games! In reality? It felt impossible. You can’t buzz in until Alex is finished reading a clue; if you’re too early, you get locked out for a fraction of a second. You can try to time it by listening to him or you can watch for the white lights on either side of the game board, which turn on the moment the system is armed. I tried it all in our rehearsal rounds, but I never got the hang of it. And James had already had five games’ worth of practice."

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                            Former Jeopardy champ weighs in....

                            Is Jeopardy's new champ ruining the show?

                            Former champ Tom Nichols says watching Jeopardy! during Holzhauer's winning streak 'is as exciting as putting a camera on the sports book room in Caesar's Palace.'

                            https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2019/0...the-system.cnn
                            Jeopardy! isn't normally very exciting, so I don't seen how some predictability in the winner ruins it. And as track fans, we all know that record setters generally add excitement.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              It is kinda like when Tiger Woods in his prime was winning every week,he had his detractors but many more rooted for and expected hm to keep winning.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Yikes! I got anxiety just reading her article, imagining myself in her shoes. Her attitude is admirable.
                                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X